Views of the Past

Monday, April 11, 2011

Words In My Mouth

Have you ever had someone put "words in your mouth"?
Words that you have never said.
Words that were hurtful.
Untruthful, unnecessary, useless words.
Well I have, and on more than one occasion.

Why, or the better question, how can people take something that you have said turn it around and upon repeating it to another person completely misrepresent what you have said?
How hard is it to repeat a comment to another with out adding your own little cinicism on it? I have people coming to me asking me why I have said this or that when I have never in my life uttered such things.

I have one thing that to say to them time and time again.
First calm down and talk rationally with me before you accuse. Let me hear what you have heard and then I will tell you the truth and tell you word for word what I have said. Simple has that.

I have nothing to hide. I always tell the truth. If I didn't want anyone to know about it I would have never spoken with anyone about what ever I was thinking.

The best way to keep a secret is to never tell anyone.        Makes sense, doesn't it?

To all you out there who like to "keep it real" and confront everyone
who is apparently "talking about you (or someone you know),"
just take a second to find the truth instead of burning bridges.

The Voice Of Truth

No comments: