Views of the Past

Monday, April 18, 2011

Evolution

Cyanide & Happiness explosm evolution t-shirt

I am a believer of evolution.

I have no religious beliefs.

Yet when I say that to others, I am condemned or "prayed for".

Why is that so?

I have no problem with others and their religiosity.
I do support the idea of which most religions support and that is good towards all men and the betterment of ones-self. But why is it so bad that I do not believe in a god or gods? Can't one go and do as they feel so without the guidance of some religious power?

Apparently not.



(Darwin caricature)

Every time I hear someone say "I'll pray for you" after I tell them I don't believe,
all I hear is "you're going to hell'
Think about that next time you hear someone say that.

1 comment:

Voice Of Truth said...

I love how I just wrote that I have NO religous beliefs and now the ads are about christian web pages. Even the internet is trying to convert me! lol.