Views of the Past

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Real Love

The first time that I have ever felt true love,
real actual love,
was when I first held my niece.

She looked at me and found comfort.
She was lulled asleep to the sound of my voice.
She felt completely secure within my arms and it was then
that I knew that I was in love for the first time.
Within that moment I knew I would sacrifice myself for her safety
and all I wanted was for her to have a good life, and not feel the pains that I have felt.

It was an overwhelming emotion.

I could feel flutters from within my chest. An instant connection.

All this from an infant who hasn't even said a word, taken a step, or even gone past a year of life yet.

How is that possible? Within a moment, what I believed to be love was completely changed. Not by words, but through simple contact with another. Just holding her for the first time I felt renewed.

When you find love. You will know when its real. It will hit you like a wall. And you will be struck dumbfounded by it.

Enjoy it. Its Real Love.

No comments: