Views of the Past

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Book Cover

I am judged.

I am judged by the way I speak.

I am judged by the way I dress.

I am judged by everything.

When people see me and the way I act,
people assume I am not the brightest crayon in the box.

As we all know though
if you assume you only make an ass out of you and me

I only put on the persona of a simpleton to blend in.
No one likes a know-it-all and so I avoid looking like one.

Peer pressure has driven me to this and also my social standing as a below middle-class citizen.

People tell me to seek funding and grants from the local college so that I can make something of myself.
Well guess what? I can't.
I am consistently beaten to the punch or I'm not qualified.

Just because I'm not up to your "high" expectations don't think you're better than me.

I'm sorry that I haven't had everything handed to me.
Sorry that I can't find a job even though I look.

Don't tell how hard you had to work to get where you are today,

because honestly you haven't.

When you have had nothing but constant rejection, no help,
and still haven't advanced anywhere,
then you have had it hard.

Constantly working towards nowhere.
That is truly hard. It's my life.

Don't ever judge a book by it's cover.

No comments: